Launched during spring 2020 when schools were closed due to COVID-19, this web page includes resources to connect classes and families to the big blue: the ocean! This page will be updated periodically with new activities, labs, instructional videos and webinars. View additional Educator Resources.
Ocean Networks Canada Fall Webinar Series!
Register for our free bi-weekly fall webinar series starting 7 October 2020. Topics include earthquake preparedness, indigenous engagement, underwater noise, expedition highlights and more. View recordings of our summer webinar series here.
Find information and registration links for your classroom or your family learning at home. Have fun with hands-on activities designed for K-12 students that can be easily facilitated by parents or teachers. The activities contain data and/or video footage from ONC observatories and aligns with the B.C. Curriculum Content.
Explore laboratory exercises for a post-secondary audience that contain ONC data and footage.
Here are some ideas so that you can further engage with our #knowtheocean community. Become a citizen scientist by analyzing deep-sea videos using our Digital Fishers on-line game, or challenge yourself and learn how to search Ocean Networks Canada's wealth of ocean data and video archive.
Connect With Us!
Resources from Our Partners
- Check out the oceanography resource created in partnership between Actua and Ocean Networks Canada
- Enjoy watching the Discover Passage Aquarium video series
- Canadian Network for Ocean Education (CaNOE) is compiling some great ocean resources
- Have fun with activities and videos with LIVE.IT
- Previous episodes of #BMSCLive with the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre (BMSC) are availble to you